This is a full length in-person Accelerated 5th Grade mathematics course designed especially for gifted and talented students. Students attend class for two hours each week for 36 weeks and should expect approximately 15 minutes of homework per day throughout the school year. Students move directly into Accelerated Pre-Algebra after completing Accelerated 5th Grade Math.
- 3D Solids including surface area and volume
- Cartesian Coordinate System
- Working with Algebraic Expressions
- Solving Equations
- Translating Word Problems to Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- Operations with Integers
- Operations with Fractions
- Operations with Decimals
Students must have a minimum NWEA MAP Math of 225 and a minimum NWEA MAP Reading of 220. In addition, students must pass our Accelerated 4th Grade Mathematics Challenge Exam.